STOP HOARDING; SHARE WEALTH; ATTRACT ABUNDANCE.




I'm been changing my thoughts and actions in an attempt to change my life. Clearing out the old to make room for the new--lots of new.  Decided the best place to start is my storage unit.  I could have (should have) donated all of my treasures to Goodwill, but since I'm trying to make some extra cash I decided to have a yard sale.  My favorite neighbors, Deb and Jen are moving and didn't want to take all their old crap to their brand new home, so they joined me, and coached me.  The last yard sale we had, I refused to part with things which held any sentimental value. The gray poncho I'd worn on a date had to stay.  I couldn't let go of dusty books, picture frames, dried flowers, cracked dishes.  It was a bit of a disaster.  All my neighbors mocked me for months. This time with Deb and Jen doing most of my negotiating, I made a whopping $120, they made much more.   

When left to my own devices (i.e. when D&J weren't paying attention), I ended up giving away the majority of my things (which for some reason was far less humiliating than selling them for pennies).  One very cute brotha man was kind enough to look over my wares. Actually, I ACCOSTED HIM (was trying to accomplish two goals at once)!  He declared himself to be broke and on his way to his girlfriend's place.  So I asked him for $5 and proceeded to load him up.  He walked away with relationship books, a relationship affirmation plaque, two cocktail shakers, martini glasses, flavored martini mixes, a brand new teddy bear, and my favorite Slow Jams CD. Some sistah somewhere owes me big time, 'cause if he's as smart as I think he is, he turned his $5 investment into a great date night! 

And as I waited for karma to kick in, for the next brotha (or any non-specific race/ethnicity) man to invest $5 in my happiness,  I  loaded up my SUV and returned the rest of my goods to storage!

Comments