I'M BAAAACK...!




PURGE AND SURGE

Nine years ago, I started this blog, and then I stopped writing. I stopped cold. I landed a part time consulting gig outside of the entertainment industry. I had to learn the job. It became a real job. A full-time job, and I was grateful. Next thing I knew, I was managing dozens of people. It became an all-consuming, life changing behemoth. I stayed for nearly eight years. During which, Mom had a stroke and life became more serious.

The last 12 months have been the most challenging of my life. And as cliché as it sounds, that which doesn't kill you, returns you to who you are. The one thing I know for sure is that when your soul is called to do something, it will not rest until that work is done. In fact, it will conspire with the Universe leaving you with no other alternative.  


Alas, the time has come to write again. And though relaunching this blog elicits more than a few trepidations, as a very wise and talented producer counseled, “Stacey, you have nothing left to lose.”


Certainly, nothing or no one I'll miss!  


The title is "bitter? purge and surge." When I first launched this blog, I wasn't really bitter; it was fun to write about. I realized later, that I was merely disappointed. This time, I gotta admit, I've got one foot in the bitter pool, while I'm focusing on the "purge and surge" of it all.


My experiences are uniquely mine, but not that uncommon. I share them not to be an exhibitionist, but to allow you the space and freedom to share your stories as well. Healing and growth can only be achieved when we set free that which has held us hostage. When we release the bogeymen, the ominous people and things who have held our spirits prisoner, we have no choice but to fly.




A quick note: the picture above was taken 20 years ago on my BFF Tina's wedding day...it says EVERYTHING...but, I noticed that she's all scratched up...please rest-assured that Tina was not harmed in the taking nor restoration of this photo!

Comments

  1. Love this!! You're a supremely gifted writer. I look forward to following your adventures(mis? ��) wherever they may lead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humor will dilute the bitterness. Love reading these postings. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just see all love in this photo and determination to make this day perfect for me. Well, that’s my POV. Writing your thoughts seem so effortless and such a gift to us. Welcome back Stace- love you more than you know❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love this. Keep writing....it is truly your gift to this world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to enjoy reading again

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment